Monday 26 January 2015

Artists' Diary Week Ending January 25th

Every day I seem to discover another wonderful artist who inspires me to push my boundaries and try new things. So with this in mind I decided to work in charcoal and use my drawing experience to try and create some stronger works. It is a very free medium to use and I found it quite liberating! It was also a good excuse to retire to the comfort of the air conditioned house, the studio was scorching! 

 'Ridng the Rails' 56x56cms

'Silo Shadows' 76x76cms

Have continued with my plein air challenge but unfortunately have missed a few days. It has been hot, humid and extremely uncomfortable out in the field! So it was back to garden vignettes. All 12"x12" oil on canvas.




Spent a day in the studio completing two oils, still finding my feet with this medium.

'The Wetlands' 100x100cms

'On the Hill' 60x60cms

I was delighted to receive the Artist of the Year Award at the Maritime Museum at Darling Harbour on Friday evening.

The exhibition continues until 6pm Tuesday the 27th January.

No comments:

Post a Comment